Although my business foundations were corporate – KPMG and the Mars Corporation – since 2005 my passion has been to develop the SME part of our business world by providing corporate quality facilitation and training.
After all, you are 99% of private sector businesses, represent 60% of all private sector employment and 47% of private sector turnover. A significant proportion!
A whizz through my background:
- I have trained in accountancy
- Shipped thousands of tonnes of chocolate across the globe
- Learnt the art of sales forecasting
- Account managed well-known retailers in the UK
- Sold container loads of ice-cream
- Designed and delivered sales training programmes rich with brain-friendly learning techniques and NLP
- Created and delivered bespoke sales training for SMEs, charities and multi-national companies
- Project managed the development and implementation of a competency framework
- Led a coaching culture change programme
- Created marketing strategies, marketing platforms and content for small businesses
- Written 3 books: Difficult Customers, Time Management and Training Skills
- Trained in Denmark, Kenya, Holland, Singapore, Australia, Ireland and UK. (My favourite was Singapore, with Australia a close second!)
- Worked with tens of small businesses, facilitating their thinking, guiding them to growth and confidence and training their teams.
Perhaps I could have kept it simpler!
However, my broad career has put me in a great position to understand how businesses work – and how to make them work even better.
Variety and challenge have been more important than a straight career path for me.
I have a strong belief that businesses can achieve more than they think with the resources they have. Through my business experience and my facilitation, coaching and training skills I help you to do that.